The cost to your business when your Internet connection goes offline cannot be underestimated. Many companies rely on the Internet to conduct their business, and losing that connection can end up costing you thousands of pounds.
Security breaches are big news these days, and every day there is news of another company that has suffered a data breach. These breaches frequently involve the theft of customer information and confidential data, and companies that do not take steps to prevent this can be massively fined by both the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) in the UK and by the EU under the GDPR. The fines can reach into the tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds, and can decimate a business.
We can perform the following repairs and improvements to help prevent this:
- Harden the security settings on your Internet router, or offer recommended upgrades to allow this
- Close down any unused ports on your firewall
- Recommend fail-over with a secondary Internet connection
- Recommend solutions to prevent attacks from malicious attacks and spam
- Lock down access to customer data to ensure compliance with ICO and GDPR